Friday, October 22, 2010

Follow Friday: Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter & FamilySearch.Org Research Wiki

I follow quite a few blogs, but I'd have to say, for sheer volume of good information,  Dick Eastman Online Genealogy Blog is great.  Considering how far behind I can get, his snippets of information (I read the free articles), are just right for letting me know if this is an article that will be useful for me. For example, his post of October 21st, was perfect.  Two perfect paragraphs pointing out an important article written by Gary T. Wright, "Preserving Your Family History Records Digitally."

Personal Archiving White Paper 8 Oct 2010
This in turn led me to look around the Research Wiki at FamilySearch.org.  I could hardly believe I had missed this in all my searches through their website.  I had to try it out, and in a search for "Wurttemberg" it returned 91 entries.  I can see this will be a place I'll be visiting frequently.  I'm sure others will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment